Come and join us for a fully immersive experience in our beautiful woodland. Families are invited to spend a morning of ‘being’ rather than ‘doing’. The sessions are facilitated rather than led, and families are encouraged to play and explore with their children.
Friday 14th February 10.00-11.30 – Book here
Friday 14th February 1.00-2.30 – Book here
March 2nd 4-week programme 10.00-11.30 – Book here
March 30th 3-week programme (excluding half term) – Book here
Half Term Forest-School Sessions
We are opening up our setting for half term sessions for children aged 5 to 10. Children will have the opportunity to engage in woodland games, fire lighting, tool use, den building and to freely explore the woodland with their new friends.
The children will also be provided with a range of loose parts that will enable them to be creative throughout the day.
We will all have lunch around the campfire and the day will finish with S’mores.
Please ensure children have dressed appropriately for the weather, especially during the winter sessions. This must include waterproof pants.
Sessions will only be canceled due to high winds, torrential rain or staff absence. We will then issue a refund.
Please check your emails a couple of days before for more detailed weather information. If you have specific dietary requirements please let us know.
TICKET SALES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE 7 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT STARTING, BUT IF WE HAVE A WAITLIST AND WE CAN SELL YOUR TICKET WE WILL OFFER A REFUND.
- Monday 17th Feb 2020 – Book here
- Wednesday 19th Feb 2020 – Book here
- Monday 6th April – Book here
- Wednesday 8th April – Book here
- Wednesday 15th April – Book here
- Monday 25th May – Book here
- Wednesday 27th May – Book here
“Forest School is an inspirational process that offers children, young people and adults regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self esteem through hands on learning experiences in a woodland environment”
The Forest School setting is adaptable and allows for a flexible approach to learning that can accommodate a range of learning styles, such as “kinesthetic” learning (learning by doing), linguistic, interpersonal, mathematical and visual learning. The Forest School approach allows practitioners to shape teaching methods to individual children’s learning styles and is suitable for use with children and young people with a range of special needs.
Research into the benefits of Forest School found that children attending sessions:
- improved physical and motor skills;
- improved language and communications skills;
- improved social skills, including team, working;
- improved knowledge and understanding of the environment;
- increased self-confidence and self-belief; and
- increased motivation and concentration. (Forestry Commission)
At the heart of our programme lies the individual child and we will endeavour to provide opportunities and activities that help them progress with their development. In order to see the full benefits, it is suggested that a 12-week programme would be the most beneficial, however, a minimum of 6 weeks is all that is required to book.
How will we do this:
- By offering a range of resources that will bring out creativity and imagination.
- By creating situations that allow the group to learn new life skills and that encourages teamwork, problem-solving.
- By facilitating the session in a child-friendly way.
- By ensuring that fun lies at the heart of what we do.
Nature to Nurture undertook a research project in May and June 2013 in conjunction with The Mersey Forest & John Moores University to look at how male carers engage with their early years’ children outdoors.
The findings of the project start on page 27 of the following link.
Here is a short clip that was taken during the programme
Full Forest School Programme.
6 weeks minimum – £850 for up to 20 children
12 weeks – £1500
March- November mid-week prices for enrichment days.
£180 for a morning or afternoon sessions 9.30-12 or 12.30-3.00
£320 for all-day from 9.30- 2.30
December – February
£150 for a morning or afternoon sessions 9.30-11.30 or 12.30-2.30
There will be no full days running during these months.